BDO will supply you with the corporate finance team to help maximize the value of businesses by advising on acquisitions, mergers, flotations and disposals, whether targeted in Finland or abroad.
The process of reviewing the acquisition target company or business is an integral part of the planned acquisition. This review is called due diligence and it is performed by an independent expert. Due Diligence supports the buyer in making an appropriate decision regarding, whether to carry through the acquisition through an expert’s assessment of the risks and benefits associated to the acquisition. Due diligence process reduces the amount of unexpected risks occurring following the acquisition and it also assists to collect basic knowledge needed for the successful integration phase of the acquisition.
Which are the practical benefits the buyer gets from the process of due diligence?
Successful due diligence is based on the special needs of the buyer and on the characteristics of the acquisition target. It helps to formulate appropriate answers to the following questions:
- Is the knowledge gained from the acquisition target accurate?
- Is it possible to sustain at least the preceding financial years’ level of profitability in the acquisition target during the financial years following the acquisition?
- Which channels accumulate income from acquisition target in the future?
- How can it be assured that future estimated income will transfer into cash flow?
- Are there synergies available from carrying through the acquisition process and integrating the acquisition target to the buyer’s business?
- Which are the direct and the expected tax consequences of the planned acquisition?
- Is the purchase price of the acquisition target reasonable and in accordance with the conclusions gained from the due diligence process?
- Are there any deal breakers?
- Is the planned structure of the acquisition reasonable?
- Which clauses, provisions and contingencies should be included to the acquisition contract?
How could BDO assist you?
The expert BDO due diligence team is specialised into providing financial – and tax due diligence to domestic companies and multinational enterprises and to different kinds of investors. We work in close cooperation with the client in order to find the right strategy and approach to every due diligence process and to assure which are the relevant issues affecting the acquisition decision from the viewpoint of the buyer. Through our cooperation parties we can also offer legal due diligence and assistance with providing and reviewing agreements.
Our due diligence process increases the amount of relevant information received affecting the formulation of the purchase price of the acquisition target and also the integration phase of the acquisition. We report without delay our findings and conclusions affecting the acquisition decision. Our due diligence team assists you to make the right decisions regarding the acquisition.
André Kumlander, Authorised Public Accountant
email@example.com, +358 20 743 2922
Juha Selänne, Authorised Public Accountant
firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 20 7432 939
Erkki Manner, Authorised Public Accountant
email@example.com, +358 20 7432 923