BDO supports Finnish athletics by cooperating with long-distance runner Alisa Vainio.
- Birth year: 1996
- Hometown: Lappeenranta
- Discipline: long-distance running
- Club: Lappeenrannan Urheilu-Miehet (LUM)
- Young Athlete of the Year in 2015
- Vainio won gold in the 10,000 metre race at the 2015 Finnish athletics championships. Her time was the fifth best of all time in Finland. She also won silver in the 5,000 metre race.
- In 2015, she ran the first marathon of her life and recorded the sixth best time of all time in Finland. Her time was the Finnish record for women under 23 and the unofficial European record for women under 20.
- In August 2015, Vainio won the 3,000 metre steeplechase at the Finnish championships for athletes under 20. Her time was not only her personal record, but also the season’s best time in her age group in Europe.
- Later, in August 2015, she also won the 3,000 metre steeplechase at the Nordic championships for athletes under 20. Again, her time was not only her personal record, but also the season’s best time in her age group in Europe.
- In 2014, Vainio broke the Finnish record for 3,000 metre steeplechase for athletes under 18.
Alisa Vainio's career is supported by carefully selected backup team
Alisa Vainio's success comes from focusing on the essential
Alisa Vainio aims for success one training session at a time
Our cooperation began in 2015 and is based on our shared values: determined long-term work, expertise, persistence and the pursuit of success in Finland and abroad.