Auditing of EU Projects and Subsidies
The EU made changes to many of its funding programmes for the period 2014–2020. Projects funded directly by the European Commission and projects audited by the national funding authorities require in-depth expertise from auditors. Our experts have had broad and varied experience in auditing EU funds and subsidies since Finland became a Member State. We proactively familiarise ourselves with the rules and auditing of funding programmes.
The EU structural and investment funds active in Finland include:
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- European Social Fund (ESF)
- European Agricultural Guidance and Guarantee Fund (EAGGF)
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) and
- European territorial cooperation programmes.
Project funding for special EU programmes is usually applied for from, and granted by, the European Commission or its agencies. Our expertise covers, for example, the following special funding programmes:
- Civic and twinning activities: Europe for Citizens
- Education, youth, sport and culture: Erasmus+, Creative Europe
- Immigration and internal affairs: Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund, Internal Security Fund
- Research, development and innovation: projects within the Seventh Framework Programme, Horizon 2020, European Innovation Partnerships (EIP). The environment: Life programme.
Our experienced auditors can serve as certified supervisors authorised by the Ministry of Employment and the Economy for FLC projects funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Audits are usually carried out at the end of the project or according to a schedule determined by the provider of the funding.