BDO is the leading expert organisation specialising in services for public finance and administration in Finland. As a result of our broad client base and more than two decades of experience, we have in-depth knowledge of public sector bodies.
We offer comprehensive expert services for municipalities, joint municipal authorities, ministries, government agencies and state institutions, as well as higher education institutions, parishes and companies owned by public sector bodies. In addition to auditing, our services for public administration include internal auditing, risk management and extensive tax and advisory services.
The public sector is undergoing many changes. Topical issues include reorganising the production of services and ensuring funding, as well as corporate governance, management systems and the digitalisation of services. The need for public services is increasing, while public sector resources are decreasing. Our experts help our clients with balancing their finances and reforming their operation models for service production. Our goal is to find sustainable, forward-looking solutions for our clients.
Our services for public sector operators cover:
- Internal auditing
- Tax services
- Auditing of information security and information systems
- Auditing related to state and EU subsidies
- Risk management
- Tailored training on finance and administration
- Support services for assessment and audit committees
- Development of financial administration
- Corporatisation and changes to group structures
- Financial optimisation
- Strategy work and management
- Organisation of well-being, healthcare and social services.