Six new partners join BDO
30 September 2021
Manu Auhto, Risto Kiviranta, Urpo Pirilä, Kaj Riska and Seppo Suontausta were invited to become partners as they transferred to BDO following the acquisition of RSM Finland at the beginning of the month. Jouni Honka-aho, who has worked for BDO since 2018, was also invited to become a partner.
- Manu Auhto, LL.M., specialises in special audits, insolvencies and the legal aspects of bankruptcies and corporate reorganisations.
- Jouni Honka-aho has long and broad experience of transfer pricing matters from supply chain planning to the challenges of international taxation. Jouni also specialises in issues related to the competitive neutrality of municipal companies.
- Risto Kiviranta’s (LL.M., KLT Accountant) core competence consists of company law and the tax matters of businesses and owner-entrepreneurs. He has planned and executed several restructuring processes and ownership changes. He also has vast experience in transactional tax matters.
- Urpo Pirilä has long experience of restructuring projects, both in Finland and abroad. He specialises in due diligence reports, financial analyses and turnarounds. He has also worked in management positions in international high-tech companies for over 25 years.
- Kaj Riskala, Authorized Public Accountant (APA), has long experience of auditing Finnish medium-sized enterprises and family-owned companies as well as international and listed companies. He worked as the Head of Audit at RSM Finland for 3.5 years. Kaj’s expertise also includes international accounting (IFRS & US GAAP), financial law and company law.
- Seppo Suontausta has long experience of delivering audits, special audits, restructuring processes and other audit and consultation services for businesses of different sizes in various sectors. His most extensive expertise comes from special audits related to restructuring and bankruptcy procedures, in which he has worked as the auditor in charge in over 1,500 assignments. Seppo has also worked as the CEO of two audit firms.
“We want to wish all our new partners warmly welcome! Each of them is a seasoned expert in their own area. They are committed to providing high-quality services and exceptional customer service in line with BDO’s policies. Our new partners will also play a key role in the continuous development of our operations and service offering,” says Taneli Mustonen, BDO’s Managing Director.
With the new partners, the number of BDO partners rises to 28. All BDO partners have an active role in the company’s operations.
“Also in the future, we want to invite merited employees to become our shareholders and enable the attainment of our goals and dreams,” Taneli Mustonen notes.
BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory firms. We offer high-quality auditing, tax, legal and advisory services to companies, the public sector and other organisations. In total, we have over 91,000 experts serving customers in 167 countries. There are over 300 of us in Finland.